mardi 15 mars 2016

The last piece of the puzzle

It has been a while since I wrote my last article. I have been thinking for a while now, I keep saying Taiwanese people are nice all the time but beside this trait I don't really have something else to say. When I compare with when I was in South Korea, I feel people are not that nice all the time but I came to know them, understand a bit of their way of living, how to talk to them... But maybe it is because I have only spent 4 months here in Taiwan, I'll keep that in mind and talk about it again in a few months.


The life in Taipei is not really trepident from my point of vue. It has been raining 90% of the time for maybe the last 2 or 3 months. I was lucky enough to get to see the sun during the two weeks of holidays I had last month so that I could go hiking. In South Korea even though going hiking is very popular during weekends and holidays I think I just did it once with my mom when she came to visit me. Only once in a year and a half. Here in Taiwan, hiking has become my new favourite sport and when I go alone it allows me to breathe and put some order in my thoughts while enjoying some great views of Taiwan.

When I get to the top of a mountain I get a great feeling of satisfaction: it wasn't easy, I am red, sweatting all I can and I'm a little bit short of breath but I didn't give up and I got to the top at my own speed. This is the same with any objectives I fix to myself, I do everything I can for what I want to acheive following my own path. Fortunately, I get support from my family and friends, but even when I our ideas differ I stick to my principles and keep my objectives in mind. This is the only way.

Another way for me to test my patience and my willing to go until the end of anything I had decided to do is a jigsaw puzzle. Not an easy one of 50 pieces, a BIG one of 1000 pieces, and I like the ones with Miyazaki's animations designs for the fun. At first you have no idea how long it is going to take, you can only make an estimation which can change at any time if you face any issue during the process. I have just finished today my last puzzle after 13 hours spent over a week. After 8 hours I really thought I only needed 1 or 2 hours more, but it got complicated and after 2 hours I gave up for two days. Yesterday after 30 minutes and no progress I was thinking this was an EPIC FAIL... but then I found what was going wrong! I wasn't completely out of trouble but after 2h30 more I had put the last piece. SELF SATISFACTION'S FEELING not to be denied x)

You must be thinking that the life in Taipei is really boring for me to talk about mountains and jigsaw puzzles... but this is my life in Taipei beside learning Chinese, eating a lot of food I post the pics on Facebook and going to the sport center because I eat too much! Ahahah

Thank you for reading my blog,

Floppy

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire