mardi 26 janvier 2016

organization freak

Okay, this matter I really don't understand.

This week I went to the immigration to extend my visa which will expire in 5 weeks. Does it really seem too early for you? Because the lady there (really nice btw, of course she is Taiwanese^^) told me even though I had all the documents ready she couldn't extend my visa at this moment, I have to go back starting from 15 days before my visa expires! Alright, 15 days seem a little bit short but I could do with it... but for me it will be during the Chinese new year's holidays! So I will have to go the following week which is the time for the registration for the next semester at tge university. SO I should wait for the registration to be completed so that I can directly extend my visa for 3 months. But then that would make me go only few days before my visa expires and that I don't like! Because what if... I get sick and can't leave my bed for a few days? What if... I don't know, anything could happen!

It was the same when I applied for the student visa from France. It is a 6 month visa but you only have 90 days after you enter the country and then you have to request the extension up to 6 months. But the thing is the date of validity is the date you request the visa! I went to the visa center 2 months ahead of my departure to settle this matter and don't have to worry anymore but the worker there told me it would be a shame to loose 2 months of visa like this, right? And on the date I planned to go back I happened to be in Dubai! I came back to France around 6 am on the following monday and at 10:00 am I was at the visa center and hopefully everything was fine.

I really wonder why an important matter like this you can't do it in advance. Is it me who's weird to go 5 weeks before my visa expires to ask an extension? Sorry for being a project manager who likes to plan things ahead! Ahah

Thank you for reading my blog,

Floppy

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire