dimanche 1 novembre 2015

Floppy in Dubai

It's quite amazing that I got the chance to visit Canada, Japan and Dubai these last 2 months. 3 environments all really different from France and so full of interesting things to discover!
I planned the trip to Canada months ago to visit a friend but Dubai and Japan trips were decided one week to one single day before leaving! That kind of surprise I like~ ahah

If I had to sum up my week in Dubai I would say WOW! Before getting there I had absolutely no idea of what I was about to live: one week of shopping and resourcing while eating loads of food.
One of my friend told me the day I left "What are you going to do in the desert? Buy a cactus?"

So yes, I found myself in the desert... but in a city where things have to be bigger and better than anywhere else! Did you know that the world's tallest tower and the world's biggest shopping mall are located in Dubai? And did you know that you can find a ski resort in the middle of a shopping mall there?

Hotels are also really luxurious. I stayed in a suite at the Intercontinental Festival City, which gave me free unlimited access to the lounge bar on the 26th floor. This hotel is a really nice place to stay with the pool with view on Burj Khalifa, the spa, the sauna and the steam room, the gym, the food, the service... everything!!! And it is located 10 minutes away from the airport by car, that's really convenient.

Taxi rides are cheap, you can go everywhere easily: there will be a taxi spot in every shopping mall you'll find yourself into. But did you know that there is a subway in Dubai?? Isn't that amazing? I didn't take it though, only took taxis... and a cute little boat from Al Qasr hotel to the thai restaurant my dad booked because he knows that I'm always craving for thai food~

Over the 6 full days I spent in Dubai, I spent 4 days shopping, in 3 different shopping malls, one day farniente at the hotel and one day at the Wild Wadi waterpark. I hesitated between Aquaventure and Wild Wadi since they looked quite similar and finally chose Wild Wadi because it was close to the thai restaurant we had a reservation for on the evening. It was my first time going to a water park and I enjoyed it! The first ride I tried was a slide which opens under your feet and let you slide for a few seconds at the speed of 80km/h... yes quite impressive like that and considering the fact that the place where you get in reminded me of a Egyptian sarcophage. But it was really fun as well as the other rides which allow you to move across the park on a tube. I wanted to try also the pool where there are quite big waves every 15 minutes. I put on a safety jacket and swam until my feet couldn't touch the ground anymore and waited for the waves to begin... About to get sea sick tossed by the waves I didn't stay long there! xD

And like this it was already the time to go back to Paris. In this conditions I could have stayed longer! Ahah! But I still need to ask for the Taiwanese student visa and empty my room before leaving, right? We're almost one week before the next big adventure... I can't wait!

Thank you for reading my blog!

Floppy

1 commentaire: